About this role:
We are currently recruiting paralegals to work within our family and housing teams. As a paralegal you will be part of a lively, experienced team where you will receive very good support and clear management. If you see yourself as being at the start of a career in law where you seek experience but also want to see how you can make a difference to your clients’ lives, we believe this to be an excellent opportunity for you.
Cartridges Law has been established in the community of St Thomas, Exeter for 50 years. We are rooted in our local community, but our reach extends beyond this geographically, and in the range of services we offer to individuals and businesses.
We undertake residential and commercial conveyancing, litigation, including personal injury, wills, probate, and life planning, family, including public law children work, housing in the form of landlord and tenant, and general commercial work.
We have legal aid contracts in family and housing law, and are committed to delivering, with integrity, as full and as high-quality service within these areas of work as is expected by all clients across the firm. We are now recruiting paralegals in both these areas of work (initially 2 for family and 1 for housing) who will receive an excellent introduction to, and training within, these fields of law.
You should be able to offer:
- Ideally a law degree or GDL
- Some experience in law, or other people-facing work environments
- Good interpersonal skills
- Experience of working in a team
- Curiosity about your role and a keen willingness to learn
- Strong IT skills
- Ability both to self-manage and to benefit from supervision
- A professional and friendly work environment
- Flexible working arrangements, including (once trained) an opportunity for some homeworking
- Encouragement in your training and career aspirations
- Starting salary of £18k per annum
- 33 days holiday per annum pro rata, including public holidays
Application: Please send a CV and covering letter to Michael.email@example.com by 5 July 2021.
It is planned that interviews will take place in the week of 19 July 2021.