We are housing and homelessness solicitors in Exeter. We deliver a housing and homelessness service which supports clients across Devon and the south west of England. We can advise on your rights if you find yourself homeless or at risk of homelessness, making a homeless application, and steps to take if you have been found intentionally homeless. We can also advise whether you may be eligible for legal aid for homeless support cases.
- Are you facing homelessness?
- Have you been found intentionally homeless?
- Do you feel a housing decision by the council is incorrect?
You do not have to be sleeping on the streets to be homeless. You may be considered homeless if you are:
- Staying temporarily with friends or family (also known as ‘sofa surfing’)
- Staying in a hostel, B&B or hotel
- Living in a property without permission (also knowing as ‘squatting’)
- At risk of domestic violence or abuse in your home
- Living in poor conditions that put your health and safety at risk
If you are homeless or at risk of homelessness, we can help you make a homeless application to the council and can take steps to challenge the decision if you have been found intentionally homeless.
If you appoint us, a named homelessness lawyer will support your case from start to finish and keep you informed throughout. If your case manager is unavailable on the day, another member of the housing and homelessness team will make every effort to speak to you.
We will start by meeting with you to discuss your case, the process, and the possible outcomes. Where needed, we will attend meetings with the council or housing association and negotiate with local authorities, as well as attending court. We can also discuss options for funding your case. Depending on your financial situation, legal aid for homelessness may be available.
Contact us for a quote or to book an initial consultation meeting with one of our homelessness lawyers.
I felt I was treated fairly and appropriately at all times. A lot of time and effort was also put into the case with a very excellent and fair outcome.