A recent news report from Inside Conveyancing revealed that buyer demand across the UK has increased by 1 per cent on the previous quarter, with Worthing near Brighton recording the biggest uplift in buyer demand since the start of the year with a 7.1% increase. Exeter, Basingstoke, and Bristol were all at 4.6% and were revealed to be the locations with some of the biggest increases in buyer demand.
Therefore, in a competitive marketplace, how can you ensure your sale goes through smoothly? At Cartridges Law our experienced team will help you every step of the way, when you are selling or buying a property. Cyndy Walker, who leads our team, has put together these handy hints and tips to help the process go as smoothly as possible.
- Make sure you are prepared, gather together any documents that you will need as part of the sale. Check with your lawyer about the paperwork that will be required; these could be things like information you received when you bought the house, any work you’ve had done or correspondence from the council.
- If you can’t find an important document, talk to your lawyer first. They might be able to save you time and find another way of approaching a particular issue.
- Answer any questions quickly and as thoroughly as you can to keep the process on track.
- Try and build some flexibility into your completion date target. Although everyone will be working to the same date, sometimes there will be unexpected problems that cause delays, often when there are complicated chains. Realise that it is a target but it is not ‘set in stone’, which may help to manage expectations.
- When choosing your conveyancer, don’t always select on price; try and get personal recommendations, think about other factors such as how easy they are to contact, and who will actually be handling your sale.
If you would like to discuss conveyancing services with a member of our team, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01392 256854.