Running Your Business
Our local business solicitors provide tailored legal advice for small businesses. Our specialist team of small business lawyers can help you to understand your obligations and, more importantly, satisfy them.
Legal advice for small businesses
Your business is unique and legal expectations will vary depending on what you do. You may:
- employ people, meaning you may be subject to employment law requirements and pension contributions.
- offer goods and services to the public which will place an obligation on you to adhere to strict consumer laws.
- have a range of contracts, with customers, suppliers and others, and need to make sure that they are valid and reviewed regularly.
We’re here to help
We work closely with all our clients to build a deep understanding of the business and its sector, suppliers, customers and future plans. As local business solicitors, we aim to be a helpful partner at every stage of your business’s life.
We understand that legal advice for small businesses needs to be proportionate in cost and value, particularly at a time when you have other priorities. We can offer legal advice in a number of ways to best suit you and your business, including:
- one-off questions or queries
- tailored assistance with specific projects or transactions
- access to regular advice and support across all of our commercial departments at a reduced hourly rate with our SME Support Days
- a review of your policies and processes with our SME Health Check
An experienced small business lawyer will handle your account, and a member of the team will always be available to speak to on a day to day basis.
Contact us for a quote or to book an appointment.
I must say personally that I find your approach to offering advice on business law very fresh and uncomplicated and look forward to working together more frequently in the future.
What is a small claim? Small claims are defined in the court rules as claims for sums of money of under £10,000. Every case before the court is allocated to a “track” and each track has different rules. One of the three tracks is for small claims defined as above...
Leanne Yendell a commercial solicitor with our business team shares her tips on what business owners and managers should consider now that businesses are re-opening. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIYh3ZB6AQM
Problem one: Delays to dispute resolution The civil justice system in the UK will inevitably slow as a result of the government measures. In one of my cases, despite ACAS Early Conciliation seemingly operating as well as could be expected, it was in fact the parties...
Watch this helpful video on the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme. Leanne is a Solicitor from our Business team. If you have any questions or queries, feel free to email her at email@example.com Leanne's top tips: Check for authority for any variation...