Running Your Business
Our local business solicitors provide tailored legal advice for small businesses. Our specialist team of small business lawyers can help you to understand your obligations and, more importantly, satisfy them.
Legal advice for small businesses
Your business is unique and legal expectations will vary depending on what you do. You may:
- employ people, meaning you may be subject to employment law requirements and pension contributions.
- offer goods and services to the public which will place an obligation on you to adhere to strict consumer laws.
- have a range of contracts, with customers, suppliers and others, and need to make sure that they are valid and reviewed regularly.
We’re here to help
We work closely with all our clients to build a deep understanding of the business and its sector, suppliers, customers and future plans. As local business solicitors, we aim to be a helpful partner at every stage of your business’s life.
We understand that legal advice for small businesses needs to be proportionate in cost and value, particularly at a time when you have other priorities. We can offer legal advice in a number of ways to best suit you and your business, including:
- one-off questions or queries
- tailored assistance with specific projects or transactions
- access to regular advice and support across all of our commercial departments at a reduced hourly rate with our SME Support Days
- a review of your policies and processes with our SME Health Check
An experienced small business lawyer will handle your account, and a member of the team will always be available to speak to on a day to day basis.
Contact us for a quote or to book an appointment.
I must say personally that I find your approach to offering advice on business law very fresh and uncomplicated and look forward to working together more frequently in the future.
Including a business in your will Most people will be aware of the need to have a will for their personal affairs, but may not have thought about business wills. Business owners should give thought to their business assets at the same time as any personal matters....
Business LPAs Setting up and running a business can be hard work, and often doesn’t leave much time to think about yourself. But have you thought of what might happen if you are no longer able to make decisions for your company? It can be a good idea to have a Lasting...
Small business succession planning Many small business owners only consider succession planning when they are approaching retirement, or have already made the decision to leave the business. But life is full of unexpected events, good and bad, and having a well...
Even the smallest businesses will need to deal with contracts and agreements on a day to day basis. But what is a contract, and when will an agreement be legally enforceable? Here we answer some of the key questions you should be aware of. What is a contract? A...