Partner and Solicitor
Penny is one of three partners in the firm. Penny has worked at Cartridges Law for over 20 years. Penny’s specialism is Public Law Children, and she represents children (with and without a Guardian), parents and other family members in cases where the state is intervening in their family life.
Penny’s brief as a partner includes business development and HR; marketing; financial oversight; and management/supervision of family and private client teams.
Before qualifying as a solicitor Penny worked in youth and social work. Penny has been trained in counselling, group work and supervision. Penny decided she didn’t want to take social work any further and instead studied law part time while her children were small.
Penny’s first degree was in English Language and Literature. She then took the Common Professional Exam in Law and qualified with Cartridges Law in 1995.
- Public Law Children
- Private Law Children
- Special Guardianship and Adoption
- Supporter of the first Women of the World Festival Exeter
- Member of The Law Society Children Panel
- Member of The Law Society’s Family Law Committee and (from September) its Chair (The Law Society is the representative body for all solicitors in England and Wales)
- Trained Arbitrator for Children Law